The course is offered as a webinar, in class, and self-study program ranging from 2 to 6 hours in duration.
DURATION: RANGING FROM 2 TO 6 HOURS
FORMAT: WEBINAR, IN CLASS, AND SELF-STUDY
MODULE 1 – DEVELOPING A THOUGHTFUL PERSONA
Key message – Excellent service or leadership is built on boundaries that are known and understood.
- I can describe how unconscious bias (simple stories) prevents me from seeing the big picture and discerning the impact of my behavior on others;
- I can use the lens (concept) of simple stories to uncover and identify bias that hinders respectful conduct;
- I can describe the skills, behavior, and attitude that supports respectful communication when talking about or dealing with people from different regions of the country or the world.
MODULE 2 – MANAGING BOUNDARIES: MITIGATING THE IMPACT OF CULTURAL BIAS
Key message – You can mitigate the impact of unconscious bias (value and respect others) by associating positive images and words with customers outside your comfort zone.
- I can describe how the legal, personal, and professional boundaries support social and emotionally intelligent service to coworkers and the public;
- I can use the lens (concept) of simple stories, values, and the open and honest communication model to build authentic connections with stakeholders?